3rd year Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
Presidency University, Kolkata, India (July 2014-Present).
Ashok Hall Girls’ Higher Secondary School in Kolkata,India
- I have worked as a volunteer with ‘Foundation for Innovations in Health’, a non-profit organisation working on healthcare development for the disenfranchised rural population in West Bengal (2013-14).
- I have been a volunteer with a team from Centre for Bioengineering Innovation and Design, Johns Hopkins University on a Field Validation Study of a Non-Invasive Anaemia Screening device, HemoGlobe which took place in the interiors of West Bengal.
- I have worked as a content developer for ‘School for Skills in Allied Health Sciences’ and contributed material on modules involving various biological pathways of the body.
- In December 2014, along with two of my classmates, I had organized and carried out a field trial on detecting the major causes of anaemia in rural women with the help of a blood test.
- Summer Internship: During the months of May-July 2015, I have worked under Professor Sabyasachi Sarkar at the Nano-particle and Synthetic Leaf Laboratory at the Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology, Shibpur on the detection of activated carbon and subsequent generation of reactive oxygen species from commercial market products and their effects on the human body.
- In December 2015, my team got invited to present our model on the “Neuronal Networks of the Brain” at the 12th Foundation Day of the National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, India.
- I was among the shortlisted to attend the Harvard US-India Initiative Conferenceheld during 8-9th January, 2016 at Mumbai, India.
- Summer Internship: During the months of May-July 2016, I have worked under Prof. Marc Madou at University of California at Irvine.