Masters of Science in Bioengineering-Specialization in Bio-Materials
San Diego State University, California, Graduated Summer 2016
Bachelors of Engineering in Bio-Medical Engineering
NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi,Graduated December 2013
Research Assistant San Diego, CA
San Diego State University Jan 2015-July 2016
- MS thesis work: Validate a bioreactor to analyze its conformation towards set shear and stress; prepare it for cardiac cell culture and performing immunofluorescent imaging on cell sample.
- Perform Position Imaging Velocimetry (PIV) and further imaging analysis via DaVis and ImageJ software.
- Arduino Programming and setting up electronic circuitry.
- Cell Culture and Microscopy techniques (Epifluorescence & Bright field)
- Statistical Analysis (Minitab)
- Work with LVAD (Left ventricle Assist Device) and its clinical implications.
Teaching Assistant San Diego, CA
San Diego State University Fall 2015
- Assisted with coursework of 500 level Biomechanics and Bioengineering lab.
- Prepared manuals for bioengineering experiments and supervised class.
Research Internee Karachi
Karachi Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Fall 2013
- Gained expertise in DNA isolation protocol, Gel Electrophoresis
- Performed Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) on diseased samples.
- Gained exposure on Optical Densitometer, Primer Designing, PCR Gel Docking and on Visualization, Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism and Gene Sequencing.
Centre of Non Communicable Diseases Karachi
- Learned biological sample processing and blood grouping. Summer 2012
- Collected of biological and clinical information from study patients.
- Performed bio-statistical analysis using STATA and SPSS on epidemiological patients’ data of type-2 diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
Dar-ul-Sehat Hospital of Medicine and Dentistry Karachi
- Troubleshoot, analysis and in-depth study of medical devices. Summer 2011
- Lead the senior design project team in undergrad related mutation detection in hemoglobin gene in Beta Thalessemia using molecular techniques and its gene therapy using insilico analysis.
- Designed Liver on a Chip using COMSOL with special influence on fluid dynamics.
- Lead a team which designed and fabricated a cell sorter micro fluid device using MEMS technology with techniques such as photolithography, mask design, etching and microfabrication.
- Software expertise with Comsol, Matlab, Gambit, Fluent, Minitab, SolidWorks, Creo, ImageJ, bioinformatics related software, Minitab, CoventorWare.
- Programing skills related to C++ and Arduino microcontroller programming.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Trouble shooting electrical circuits involving sensors.
- Proficient in image acquiring and processing application systems.
- Efficient in techniques of molecular biology.