- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Irvine. Exp Grad. June 2017
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, San Diego State University, Grad. Dec 2012
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, San Diego State University, Grad. Dec 2012
- Computer Science Minor, San Diego State University, Grad. Dec 2012
Carbon Nanofibers and Nano-gaps, BioMEMS laboratory, University of California, Irvine(01/16-Present)
- Using Photolithography and Electromechanical Spinning to create structures that were then pyrolized into carbon.
- Electromechanical Spinning was used to create nanofibers that after pyrolization were subjected to various techniques to create nano-gaps
- The Carbon fibers are characterized mechanically, electrically, and under SEM/TEM.
Engineering Research Center (ERC) for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering, San Diego State University, 2011-2012
- Undergraduate research where I participated in creating the electronics and software to interface between human movement and a computer.
Laminated Composite Bolted Joints, San Diego State University, 2010-2011
- Undergraduate research looking at bolted joints in laminated composite materials and their failure mechanisms.
Mechanical Engineer, Zymo Research Corporation, 10/15 – Current
- Design and Prototype new laboratory equipment and tools for research purposes and potential products.
- Develop new product designs for injection molding.
- Research and implement super-wetting/antiwetting coatings
Manufacturing Engineer, B/E Aerospace, Thermal Power Management, 02/13 – 10/15
- Create braze drawings and assemblies to meet customer requirements o Assist customers in designing and manufacturing cold plates, heat exchangers, electronic chassis’, and wave guides for production and prototypes
- Participate in new project launches by reviewing designs and identifying potential pitfalls in both manufacturing and customer
- Design Braze, EDM, machining and assembly tooling
- Develop engineering, manufacturing, and quality specifications
Manufacturing Engineer Intern, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, 07/11 – 01/13
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in engineering and production tasks
- Design and create custom tooling for manufacturing
- Research and order parts and equipment for production
- Develop and write material process specifications including developing tests and using statistical analysis to determine acceptability of parts and hardware
- Document and create work instructions for floor use
Engineering Intern, NAVAIR, North Island Naval Complex, 06/10 – 08/10
- Overhauled, tested, and supported the Navy’s GE LM2500 Gas turbines
- Developed Local Engineering Process reports on refurbishing aircraft components
- Created CAD models of custom tooling to simplify repairing of aircraft gearboxes
Workshop Leader, SDSU MESA/MEP, 01/10 – 5/10
- Lead and tutored College students in Introductory Physics
Math Tutor, Language Academy Middle School, 01/09 – 05/09
- Supervised and tutored in Middle School Math on location
Engineer Assistant, William Yang and Associates Engineering, 06/07 – 09/07
- Assisted in engineering tasks including creation and updating of CAD drawings
Automatic Charge Dispenser, San Diego State University
- Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Final Project
- Developed equipment for Quatro Composites to automatically weigh then dispense carbon fiber flakes for ease of manufacturing
- Key responsibilities included electronic control system and dispensing mechanism
Comparison Study Between Computational Methods, San Diego State University
- Undergraduate Aerospace Engineering Final Project
- Compared various techniques for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) by solving over various NACA airfoils at transonic speeds and different angles of attack.
Design Build Fly Competition Team, San Diego State University
- Participated as the Manufacturing Lead where I directed and organized the manufacturing effort of the remote control airplane
- Helped to design and manufacture the airplane as well as create a report that summarized the efforts and justification for our plane design.
SDSU Rocket Project, San Diego State University
- Participated as a Design Engineer in a small team to design, develop, manufacture, test, and launch a liquid fueled rocket.
- Rocket was powered by ethanol and liquid oxygen
- Key responsibilities included electrical control such as servo actuation and launch switch box.
Super Light Weight Composite Bridge Contest, San Diego State University
- Competed as a solo entry in the SAMPE (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering) competition
- Designed and fabricated a composite bridge which competed in a load bearing test against other collegiate participants
FSAE Formula Race Car Team, San Diego State University
- Was a general member that aided in routine tasks such as cleaning components, manufacturing parts, and drawing up on CAD elements of the FSAE Race Car
- Mill, Lathe, CNC, and 3D Printers
- Laminated Composite layup
- Micrometer and calipers knowledge
- Soldering and multimeter usage
- Micro/Nano Manufacturing
- Microcontroller programming and utilization
- CAD: Pro/Engineer(Windchill), SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, CoventrorWare, L-Edit
- FEA: COMSOL, FEMAP, COSMOS, Pro/Mechanica
- Simulation: LabView, MATLAB, Simulink
- Programming in C/C++, Java, Lau
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, VBA