University of California, Irvine Expected Graduation 2019
B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Minor in Material Science Engineering
BioMEMS Lab at UCI – Undergraduate Researcher February 2017-Present
- Assisted in assembling a CD microfluidic platform composed of a raspberry pi, servo motor, camera, laser, and heater for bacteria incubation and testing.
- Received Summer Undergraduate Research Project (SURP) funding
- Designed, fabricated and ran centrifugal discs for microfluidic tests.
Pulse Oximeter Project (BME 60A and 60C)
- Presented and collaborated as part of a 10-person team that utilized 3-D printing and SolidWorks to make a functional pulse oximeter.
- Constructed the 3-D printed components of the pulse oximeter. Soldered and troubleshot the photodiode placement and wiring of the pulse oximeter.
Manufacturing: CNC Mill, Laser Cutting, Microfluidic Centrifugal Disc Manufacturing, Soldering.
Programming/Software: SolidWorks, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python, Excel/Google Sheets, Google Drive, Word, PowerPoint, Prezi.
Leadership and Volunteering
Engineers Mentoring the Future Coordinator, Engineering Student Council (ESC) 2017-Present
- Plan and organize mentorship program with 32 mentors and their mentees by leading events, socials, and meetings geared toward helping 1st and 2nd year students.
- Work with 21 cabinet members to organize events for the UCI engineering community.
Science Camp Fair Coordinator/Community Outreach Member, ESC 2016-2015
- Organized a Science Camp fair for middle and high school students to participate in a variety of STEM activities facilitated by several summer camps in the OC area.
- Visited and contacted middle/high schools to present about engineering and hands-on activities to get them excited about engineering concepts.
Society of Professional Hispanic Engineers (SHPE) 2015-Present
- Tutored students at Century High School, volunteered at UCI’s MESA Day.
- Taught students scientific concepts and helped set up for Noche de Ciencias, an event organized to introduce students into STEAM fields.
UCI Office of Access and Inclusion Scholars Network 2015-Present
- Volunteered at a variety of events and panels for the Office of Access and Inclusion.