University of California, Irvine, CA (Sept. 2016 - Present)
M.S, Materials Science and Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, India (June 2011 – June 2015)
B.Tech, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, GPA-3.5/4
Dept. of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, MNIT, Jaipur, India (Sept 2014 – Jan 2015)
Effect of Mechanical Vibrations on Grain Refinement during Solidification of AZ91 Mg Alloys
- Investigated modification in grain structure and mechanical properties of casting of AZ91 Mg alloys on application of mechanical vibrations in the frequency range of 15-35 Hz.
- Analyzed metallurgical and mechanical properties with the help of characterization techniques such as Optical Microscopy, XRD, SEM, DSC, and Pin-on-Disk Wear Test.
Aluminium Die Casters Association of India (ALUCAST), Pune, India 411045 (Sept 2014 – Jan 2015)
Improving the Quality of Aluminium-Silicon Alloy Automotive Castings through Grain Refinement
- Conducted Dendritic Arm Spacing (DAS) analysis, studied effect of morphology of master alloy on grain refinement and evaluated mechanical properties like hardness, tensile strength and percentage elongation
- Characterized the effect of master alloy X-Ray Diffraction Method, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Energy Dispersive X-Ray(EDS) microanalysis, Optical Microscopy
- Conducted thermal analysis of grain refined samples using Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Technical paper entitled “Role of Undercooling and Effect of Solute Particles on Grain Refinement of Aluminium Alloys”. Indian Foundry Journal ISSN 03789-5446 Vol.61(2):31-37 (2015)
- Review paper on “Study of Solute Effect on Grain Refinement of Aluminium Alloys” at the prestigious 62nd Indian Institute of Foundrymen Conference held at Ahmedabad.IIF Transactions 2014 Serial No.33 (2014)
- Review paper entitled “An Overview of Solute Paradigm in Grain Refinement of Aluminium Alloys “at National Conference on Recent Trends in Materials Engineering held at Bahal Haryana(2013)
JSW Steel Limited, Vijayanagar Works, Karnataka, India 583275 (Oct 2015 – May 2016)
Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Investigated the root cause for formation of holes in Cold Rolled Coils, and gotappreciated for suggesting cost effective solutions and thus optimizing production efficiency.
- Developed understanding of COGNEX, a machine vision system for defect analysis.
- Conducted statistical and data analysis to optimize process parameters and quality control.
- Managed daily and weekly reports and ad-hoc client requests pertaining to customer complaints.
BHEL, Haridwar, India 249403 (May 2014 – June 2014)
- Gained in-depth knowledge of steel production at Electric Arc Furnace and Scrap Bay.
- Created a report by analysing and examining the functioning of Steel Melting Shop.
- Computer Skills – Basic MySQL, Basic C, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, MATLAB
- Technical Skills – XRD, DSC, EDS, TEM, SEM, AFM, Pin-on-Disk Wear Test, Optical Microscopy