University of California, Irvine, Ph.D. in Physics (in progress)
- Concentration: Chemical and Material Physics Advisor: Marc Madou
University of California, Irvine, B.S. in Physics (2016)
- Senior Thesis: ”Electrical and Magnetic Stimulation of Neural Stem Cells Grown on 3D Carbon Scaffolds”
University of California, Irvine and California Insitute of Technology (April 2016- Present)
• Worked under a Bill Gates Foundation Grant to design and test a microfluidic system for performing quantitative detection of organic contaminants in wastewater. The system included sample preperation, droplet generation, DNA amplification, and detection.
BioMEMS Laboratory, University of California, (April 2012-2016)
- Worked to design, fabricate, and test CD microfluidic devices for development of complex ”lab-on-a-chip” assays. Headed the CD Microfluidics section of the BioMEMS lab.
- Recieved three UROP and two SURP grants for research into the effects of hy- pergravity on C. elegans and the effects of electromagnetic fields on neural stem cells.
- Fabricated intricate carbon MEMS scaffolds for dual stem cell culture and elec- trochemical detection of cell byproducts.Multi-Disciplinary Design Program FellowUniversity of California, Irvine (January 2014-2015)• Worked under the guidance of faculty mentors and alongside graduate students to develop an enzymatic cascade as a novel method for DNA testing. Project Title: Low Cost Genetic Testing Technology for Medicine of the Future.
UCI Joint Department of Neurological Surgery and Biochemistry (May 2006 – June 2007)
• Studied the effects of PAX-6 as a tumor suppresent for malignant gliomas in WHO grade IV Glioblastoma Multiforme cancer, using various biochemical techniques such as western hybridization, PCR, and ELISA assay.
- A. Perebikovsky, Electrical and Magnetic Stimulation of Neural Stem Cells Grown on 3D Carbon Scaffolds, Bachelor’s Thesis, University of California, Irvine, 2016.
- S. Smith, D. Mager, A. Perebikovsky, E. Shamloo, D. Kinahan, R. Mishra, S. M. Torres Del- gado, H. Kido, S. Saha, J. Ducre, M. Madou, K. Land, and J. G. Korvink. CD-Based Microfluidics for Primary Care in Extreme Point-of-Care Settings. Micromachines, 7(2):22, 2016.
- L. X. Kong, A. Perebikovsky, J. Moebius, L. Kulinsky, and M. Madou, Lab-on-a-CD: A Fully Integrated Molecular Diagnostic System, J. Lab. Autom., Jun. 2015.
- S. Holmberg, A. Perebikovsky, L. Kulinsky, and M. Madou, 3-D Micro and Nano Technologies for Improvements in Electrochemical Power Devices, Micromachines, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 171203, Apr. 2014.
- L. Kong, J. M. Rodriguez, A. Perebikovsky, J. Moebius, R. Mitchell, L. Kulinsky, and M. Madou, Novel heating and cooling techniques on a centrifugal fluidic platform for polymerase chain reaction, Microtechnologies in Medicine and Biology, 2013.
Presentations and Posters
- A. Perebikovsky, ”Pyrolized 3D Carbon Scaffolds and Electrical Stimulation Enhance Differ- entiation of Neurons,” 2016 Undergraduate Research Symposium, University of California, Irvine, 2016.
- A. Perebikovsky, Rohit Murthy, and Regis Peytavi, Low Cost Genetic Testing Technology for Medicine of the Future, 2014 Undergraduate Research Symposium, University of California, Irvine, 2014.
- A. Perebikovsky, Laura Yu, and Marc Madou, Effects of Hypergravity on C. Elegans Cul- tivated on a Microfluidic Disc, 2015 Undergraduate Research Symposium, University of California, Irvine, 2015.
- A. Perebikovsky, Sepehr Zomorodian, and Marc Madou, Electrical and Magnetic Stimula- tion of Stem Cells Grown on 3D Carbon Substrates, presented at the 2015 Undergraduate Research Symposium, University of California, Irvine, 2015.
1. Storage and Release of Liquid Reagents on a CD Microfuidic Device. Tech ID 23585, UC Case 2014-145-0.
Laboratory Skills: Electrophoresis, Polymerase Chain Reaction, Immunoassay, Tissue Culture, Electrochemistry, Lab Safety and Ethics
Microfabrication: CNC Microfabrication, Photolithography, Wet Etch, Plasma Etch Software/Programming: HTML, Mathematica, Matlab, Maple, PSPICE, Solid- works, AutoCAD
Media and Animation: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash, Adobe Premier, Adobe InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas Pro